Because ABC Consulting bridges the gap between our retail partners and the agencies that provide licensing, we are mostly known for assisting our retail partners with a new alcohol permit or helping with renewing licenses or helping with MBAR reporting. But, we are so much more than that – that is why we are called ABC Consulting. We are here for the businesses in Virginia that serve alcohol. We pour over your applications, we review your reporting, we train your employees, we assist you in finding a lawyer that specializes in alcohol laws. We help you save money when you are fined from non-compliance. Our top-notch training for your employees assures that your business stays in compliance and doesn’t risk fines or being shut down through non-compliance.
TOAST Academy offers two courses, today: T.O.A.S.T. VA® (The Operational Alcohol Standards Training of Virginia) and BREW VA™ (focusing on alcohol training specific to the brewery industry). TOAST VA and BREW VA are both Virginia ABC approved; they were developed by retired and former ABC Special Agents and are updated, annually, with new regulations changes and the most up-to-date information. These courses (both online and our in-person courses) are also taught by former and retired Virginia ABC Special Agents. Our consultants have real knowledge and understanding how to keep a business compliant. Stay tuned for upcoming course (Summer 2019) WINE VA™.
Who should choose to take a T.O.A.S.T. VA®, BREW VA™ or WINE VA™ training courses?
- Any person planning to open a business selling alcohol.
- A person who has been out of the alcohol industry, for longer than 12 months.
- A person who took the training more than 12 months ago.
- Marketing and PR consultants who represent clients in the alcohol industry.
- Anyone who sells or serves alcohol.
- Any owner, manager, host, chef, server, or bartender (or any other positions involving alcohol).
- A licensee who has had an ABC violation.
- A licensee AND its employees prior to any ABC violation in order to receive a discount on some civil penalties.
- A person who has been charged criminally with selling alcohol to a person under 21 years of age. (Note: In some cases if you take a printed certificate of training to general district court the case may be dismissed).
*Disclaimer: This article and its contents represent the opinions of the author only. It is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice. ABC Consulting is a private consulting firm, and in no way do we represent the VA Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority. You should not act upon any such information without seeking qualified professional advice based upon your situation.