You’ve written your business plan, you’ve hired a business coach, picked out your trade name, bought a great logo, rented a fabulous space – now, it’s time for the “Grand Opening” dream to become a reality! You must make sure your Virginia restaurant is in compliance with Virginia Laws (or risk penalties); that is where ABC Consulting fits in to your business plan. We can help with this entire timeline:
- Register your company with SCC
- Register your company’s trade name
- Register for Virginia Sales and Use
- Obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number
- Obtain a Virginia Retail Alcohol License
- Register for Virginia Lottery License
- Training – ABC Consulting offers both in-person and online courses for both you and your staff.
- After Opening Services –
- Compliance Checks/Mystery Shopper – Professionally trained mystery shoppers are available to ensure your staff’s compliance with Virginia ABC laws and regulations as well as business policy practices.
- Inspections – On-site inspections to ensure administrative compliance with the necessary governmental agencies.
- Hearing and Appeal Attorneys – We have access to attorneys that are well versed in alcohol permits and licensing, if necessary.
- Annual Re-certification – online re-certification (onsite and online).
You’ll love that most of our processes are online, but we aren’t far for questions, concerns or stumbling blocks to your “Grand Opening” day. Our simplified application process has been designed for you to conveniently complete, pay, and submit (for restaurants, convenience stores, day spas, gourmet shops, etc.), online. Our team of former Special Agents will be reviewing your application for the most common errors that result in license issuance delays and/or denied licenses. Apply with ABC Consulting to receive expert guidance!
Alcohol Licenses, business registrations and Virginia lottery permits are issued by the government and allow you to legally conduct business – and if you don’t fill out the paperwork correctly or apply for the wrong type of license, it could hold up your opening! ABC Consulting can make sure that every form is filled out correctly and completely so that your permits don’t get held up. Then, our TOAST Academy is also conveniently available, online, for the training of your employees. T.O.A.S.T. VA® and BREW VA™ training are both certified by the VA Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority. Our latest offering (WINE VA™) will be available Summer 2019! Our training is updated, continuously, to reflect Virginia regulation changes.
We offer so many services for small businesses in Virginia – right on our website, from the convenience of your home office. ABC Consulting is here to help you grow and serve safely, and your success is our priority!
*Disclaimer: This article and its contents represent the opinions of the author only. It is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice. ABC Consulting is a private consulting firm, and in no way do we represent the VA Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority. You should not act upon any such information without seeking qualified professional advice based upon your situation.