Skip the open bar, this year at your wedding – by upgrading your cocktails and making your alcohol service truly personal. This personal touch to a wedding day is as simple as offering a unique libation special to the bride and groom. This “signature cocktail” should reflect the season, the setting or the couple, themselves. Show-stopping cocktails custom-fit for your special event will add another layer of memories for you and your guests. Here are some things to consider as you choose a custom cocktail:
- Consider the theme of the wedding—your setting, your cuisine, the décor
- Consider your flavor preferences, from syrups to spirits to craft beers
- This drink can be saved for a toast or served all evening long.
- Sparkling wine-based cocktails can be created for much less than a full-service bar and with the right garnish can be downright dreamy!
- Choose flavors that suit the time of year (mint, lemon, hot tea, mulled wine, whiskey cocktails, margaritas)
- Add a special garnish to ensure that your cocktail is the backdrop for photo opportunities (mint sprig, lavender blossoms, an orange rind, a candy cane, a purple orchid, a candy kiss)
One thing you have to do, if you are serving alcohol at your wedding is make sure you are above the law. Our simplified application has been designed for you to conveniently complete, pay, and submit your One-Day Alcohol Application online for your upcoming special event. Please submit as early as possible. Applications can be submitted 7 days before your event. Our team of former Special Agents will be reviewing your application for the most common errors that result in license issuance delays and/or denied licenses. You can rest assured that all the documents needed for Virginia ABC approval will be reviewed by our experts before presenting the package to Virginia ABC. Our experts will find and correct any issues before submitting the application to Virginia ABC. This results in a quicker license approval. Apply for your one-day license, here.
*Disclaimer: This article and its contents represent the opinions of the author only. It is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice. ABC Consulting is a private consulting firm, and in no way do we represent the VA Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority. You should not act upon any such information without seeking qualified professional advice based upon your situation.