ID Scanners help restaurants, breweries, wineries and bars stay compliant!
Did you know that the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority conducts annual Underage Buyer Checks (UAB Checks) for ALL licensees in Virginia?
VA ABC Agents send in persons who are actually underage (under 21); these buyers are commonly known as UAB’s (underage buyers). What happens, then?
- UAB’s present their valid Identification indicating they are underage.
- UAB’s dress and look their true age. No facial hair, no makeup, there are no attempts to trick sellers
- Many licensees fail this test. The seller is issued a summons when convicted resulting in a class 1 M (selling to person under 21)
- In addition to seller, licensee is charged civilly and imposed a civil penalty ranging from 2,000-5,0000 and in some cases license suspension and revocation of license.
ABC Consulting has the tools to help!
- TOAST Academy training can oftentimes reduce penalties for licensee AND the seller.
- ABC Consulting can assist with court and hearing proceedings.
- ABC Consulting sells an ID Scanner and is used by most clients to prevent accidentally sell to Under Age Buyers (UAB).
Can you afford to NOT have an ID Scanner?
Ask us how you can get your ID Scanner from ABC Consulting
*Disclaimer: this article and its contents represent the opinions of the author, only. It is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice. ABC Consulting is a private consulting firm, and in no way do we represent the VA Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority. You should not act upon any such information without seeking qualified professional advice based upon your situation.