Virginia alcohol rules and regulations are a part of being a business that serves alcohol, but understanding the law behind the rules helps you (as an employee or as a business owner) guard against fines and non-compliance. Before we get too far into the nitty gritty, know that all of our training is created by retired, former VA ABC Authority agents – they know what a current agent is looking for, as far as regulations. They also quickly note what your servers are doing wrong (even unknowingly). And, all of us at ABC Consulting want you to stay compliant!
TOAST Academy offers three courses, today: T.O.A.S.T. VA® (The Operational Alcohol Standards Training of Virginia) and BREW VA™ (focusing on alcohol training specific to the brewery industry) and WINE VA™ (focusing on alcohol training specific to a winery and tastings) . Our training programs are VA ABC Authority approved – in fact, they were developed by retired ABC Special Agents and are updated, annually, with new regulations changes and the most up-to-date information. All three courses (both online and our on-site courses) are designed and taught by former and retired Virginia ABC Special Agents. These consultants have real knowledge and understanding how to keep a business compliant.
Why is it important to receive a certificate, annually?
- All training covers current laws & specifics that affect your servers.
- Our training was the first seller/server training out there (created in 2011 by a former ABC agent), and we didn’t just package it and start selling it. This training is a living document that is constantly updated with the newest laws and any changes that affect our clients.
- Each certificate has an annual expiration – unlike other courses from other training organizations, because we know that laws and regulations change. VA ABC Authority regulations change, every year, and we want you to stay compliant – not risk fines because you were unaware of a change.
- Perhaps most importantly, Virginia code requires alcohol certification 12 months prior to a violation in order to offer penalty discounts. That discount, alone, is worth re-certification!
Register and start taking either course, immediately:
- T.O.A.S.T VA® ($29.95 online price)
- BREW VA™ ($39.95 online price)
- WINE VA™ ($39.95 online price)
*Disclaimer: this article and its contents represent the opinions of the author, only. It is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice. ABC Consulting is a private consulting firm, and in no way do we represent the VA ABC Authority. You should not act upon any such information without seeking qualified professional advice based upon your situation.