Today, Crystal Stump (founder and CEO of ABC Consulting and former VA ABC Agent for VA ABC Authority) will explain the Governor’s latest executive order on allowing restaurants to sell Mixed Beverages, ToGo.
Pour yourself a drink; you’re going to need it!
Incredible news for the restaurant industry – it seems like our state sees the crisis that our restaurants are in and is sending as much help to the restaurant industry, as possible. The latest change allows Virginia Licensees (with a Mixed Beverage license) to sell mixed beverages ToGo, Delivery and/or Curbside. Of course, there are restrictions, which are listed below. It is ABC Consulting’s first priority to make sure that our clients make as much money as possible, while staying in compliance and adhering to the Governor’s guidelines.
- Sales are limited to 4 mixed cocktails beverages, per delivery or Take Out.
- Each order must include a meal for every two cocktails purchased.
- Cocktails shall be packaged in a glass, paper or plastic container or in a single, original metal can with a secure lid or cap designed to prevent consumption without removal of the little cap.
- Lids with sippy holes (or openings for straws) are prohibited.
- Remember, most importantly, that all recipients of delivery items must be ID’d and must be at least 21 years of age to be able to take those products from you.
- This executive order officially takes place, effective April 9, 2020.
Expect that ABC Consulting will be the first to let you know of any changes that affect your business. That is why we developed and sell our state-certified training – to make sure our clients are compliant and serve legally and safely. And you can expect this, during the coronavirus crisis: every time that the Governor comes up with a new executive order, we’ll let you know. We are your ear to the ground with all that is alcohol, in the state of Virginia! We’re here to help you and are available for any further questions. Stay tuned to our Facebook page or our YouTube channel (new in 2020). If you have further questions about different types of licenses available to you, Seller/Server training, special-event licensing or any other questions, from the perspective of a Virginia business, pertaining to selling of alcohol – please reach out. We can answer all your questions and welcome them! Let’s talk: 800-785-0161
*Disclaimer: This article and its contents represent the opinions of the author only and is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice. ABC Consulting is a private consulting firm, in no way do we represent the VA ABC Authority. You should not act upon any such information without seeking qualified professional advice, based upon your situation.