PHASE 2 for RESTAURANT & BEVERAGE SERVICES (Restaurants, Dining Establishments, Food Courts, Breweries, Cideries, Mobile Units (food trucks), Distilleries, Wineries, and Tasting Rooms) have to implement the following mandatory requirements!
- Post signage at the entrance that states that no one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted in the establishment
- Post signage to provide publish health reminders regarding physical distancing, gatherings, options for high risk individuals, & staying home if sick.
- Occupancy must be limited to no more than 50% occupancy load on the Certificate of Occupancy, if applicable, while maintaining a minimum of six feet of physical distancing between all individuals as much as possible.
- Provide a minimum of six feet between parties at table.
- All parties, whether seated together or across multiple tables, must be limited to 50 patrons or less.
- Do not seat multiple parties at any one table unless marked with six-foot divisions (such as tape).
- Bar seats and congregated areas of restaurants must be closed to patrons except for through traffic.
- Non-bar seating in the bar area may be used for customers seating if a min. six feet is provided between parties at tables
- Keep game areas, dance floors, & playgrounds closed.
- If live musicians are performing at an establishment, they must remain at least six feet from patrons & staff
- Employees working in customer dining & service areas are required to wear face coverings over their nose & mouth.
- Use single-use disposable menus (ex. paper) & discard after each customer.
- Reusable menus are not permitted.
- Refilling food & beverage containers, or implements brought in by customers, is not allowed.
- Prior to each shift, employers should ask employees to self-check their temperature & assess symptoms.
- No self-service of food (except beverages), including condiments.
- Buffets must be staffed by servers.
- For self-service beverage areas, use beverage equipment designed to dispense by a contamination-free method.
- Condiments must be removed from tables & dispensed by employees upon the request of a customer.
- Perform thorough cleaning & disinfection of frequently contacted surfaces every 60 minutes, which include digital ordering devices, check presenters, self-service areas, tabletops, bathroom surfaces, & other common surface areas.
- Tabletops & credit card/bill folders must be disinfected between patrons.
- Table resets must be done by an employee who has washed their hands with soap & water for at least 20 seconds just prior to reset activities.
- Patrons may wait in the lobby area for takeout & seated dining provided that 6ft distance is maintained between parties.
- Non-bar seating in the bar area may be used for customers seating if a min. six feet is provided between parties at tables.
- If tables are not movable, seat parties at least six feet apart.
- Spacing must also allow for physical distancing from areas outside the facility’s control.
Got Questions? We’d love to help. We provide training for sellers/servers, help at appeals and hearings, continued support through the licensing process and all your questions answered on our YouTube channel!
*Disclaimer: This article and its contents represent the opinions of the author only and is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice. ABC Consulting is a private consulting firm, in no way do we represent the VA ABC Authority. You should not act upon any such information without seeking qualified professional advice, based upon your situation.