The definition of a Gourmet Shop is a retail location that has a Wine & Beer Off-Premises license and sells substantial inventory of gourmet foods (to include cheeses) in addition to domestic & imported wines & beers.
- Can sell wine & beer (including growlers) in closed containers
for off-premises consumption
- Must meet a minimum of $1,000 per month in gourmet food
sales & inventory
- Wine & beer samples authorized in designated areas on the
licensed premises for featuring & education
- Samples of wine – maximum 2 ounces
- Samples of beer – maximum 4 ounces
- Licensed Wineries, Farm Wineries, Breweries, & Wholesalers
may hold tastings at a Gourmet Shop if given consent
- Complete the Gourmet Shop Application on our website
- Provide an overview of rules and regulations
- Review monthly requirements of Gourmet Shop license reports
*Disclaimer: This article and its contents represent the opinions of the author only and is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice. ABC Consulting is a private consulting firm, in no way do we represent the VA ABC Authority. You should not act upon any such information without seeking qualified professional advice, based upon your situation.