Do you need an alcohol “Tasting License?”

What does your business need to know about the Tasting License? We can help you brainstorm, if you need a friendly business coach – but bottom line: ABC Consulting can help with a Tasting License – a one-day alcohol license at your business.

  • Samples may be given OR sold.
  • Tickets to the tasting/event may be sold in advance.
  • This event can be private OR open to the public.
  • No more than 4 tastings licenses, annually.
  • Must have someone designated to educate the public of the product being tasted. 

Your business can apply for this license on ABC Consulting’s website by choosing “Individual” and indicate “Tasting License” in the type of event.

What kind of business is the “Tasting License” perfect for?

  • a business hosting a VIP sale
  • a business holding a grand opening
  • a nail salon hosting a special “Ladies Night”
  • an upscale retail store hosting a “Ladies Night”
  • a restaurant that doesn’t have an alcohol license, but wishes to offer a special tasting for a special occasion.
  • a Bed & Breakfast that doesn’t already have a Retail B&B License, hosting a special event
  • or a 3rd party wanting to have an event at your B&B in an unlicensed area.

4.1-221.1. Limitation of tasting licenses. Samples of alcoholic beverages given or sold by a licensee shall not exceed two ounces per person of each product tasted, provided that (i) in the case of wine or beer, no more than four products shall be offered or (ii) in the case of spirits, no more than two products shall be offered. Tasting licenses for mixed beverages shall only be issued for events to be held in localities which have approved the sale of mixed beverages pursuant to § 4.1-124. No license shall be issued to any person to whom issuance of a retail license is prohibited. No more than four tasting licenses annually shall be issued to any person. The provisions of this section shall not apply to tastings conducted pursuant to § 4.1-201.1.

As you fill out the on-line application, you may get confused or miss a blank….that happens. And the good news is that all of our consultants are retired VA ABC Authority agents and they look over EVERY Tasting License application, carefully, ensuring that the application is complete and correct, before submitting. Rest assured, we handle your application with its success in mind. Our entire mission is to make sure that you get your alcohol license for your event, on time.

ABC Consulting also offers:

  • One-day Banquet license
  • Gourmet license
  • Catering license
  • Mixed beverage special event license
  • Art instruction license
  • B&B breakfast
  • Day-spa license 

How can we help? : 800.785.0161

*Disclaimer: this article and its contents represent the opinions of the author, only. It is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice. ABC Consulting is a private consulting firm, and in no way do we represent the VA ABC Authority. You should not act upon any such information without seeking qualified professional advice based upon your situation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *