ABC Consulting would like to introduce you Goosecup Coffee LLC! They got their licensing this year with ABC Consulting – and that includes a Wine & Beer On & Off Premises, a Delivery Permit and a Mixed Beverage License. What makes this amazing little joint better than another other coffee shops? They roast their beans and they get their coffee from small, independent and family owned farms in places like Zambia, Honduras, Ethiopia and Peru. In fact, one of their favorite blends (Honduras Icatu) is from a farm owned and operated exclusively by women. They also make all their own syrups and they train their baristas until they are 100% up to the standard. Their knowledge and aptitude for coffee is a big part of their training. Their knowledge and aptitude for serving alcohol comes through our T.O.A.S.T® training. These components are a big part of who they are BEFORE they get behind the equipment or the bar – their sick latte art is a bonus! And lastly – their amazing equipment – their brewer allows them to program exactly 30 pound of pressure in the tamping — allowing consistent espresso pulls and saving the baristas’ wrists and shoulders. This all creates the perfect cup of coffee for you — quickly and efficiently. Do you know what else this coffee shop has? AMAZING drinks. Just check out a sampling we pulled from their social media:
Our clients get help from us with annual re-certifications, onsite seller/server training, help with MBAR reporting, support and attendance at hearings and reminders for renewing licenses and permits – and we encourage all of our clients and would-be clients to take our self-paced online seller/server training, too, for only $29.95. Here are the parameters behind serving alcohol at a restaurant, with a wine & beer on premises permit:
- Restaurants have to have $4,000 in food sales, per month to serve Mixed Beverages.
- Of-age staff (21 behind the bar and 18 on the floor of a restaurant) can only serve alcohol to of-age (21), with proper ID, customers.
- House Bill 1879 and Senate Bill 1299 – both of these bills allow the continuation of a practice first conceived and initiated by VA ABC Authority to allow restaurants to sell wine & beer and mixed beverages, to go. During the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, when many restaurants were shuttered, ABC created a safe and secure way for restaurants to offer ToGo beer and wine (up to two beers or two glasses of wine, per order, because they have a Beer & Wine on-premises license).
Please go check out Goosecup Coffee and tell them ABC Consulting recommended them!
- Monday: 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Tuesday: 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Wednesday: 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Thursday: 7:00 AM – 12:00 AM
- Friday: 7:00 AM – 12:00 AM
- Saturday: 7:00 AM – 12:00 AM
- Sunday: 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Call them: (703) 760-3032
Find them: 216 S. King St. Leesburg, VA 20175
Ordering online: https://goosecup.square.site/
Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for the most common discussions and mistakes relating to Alcohol Licensing, in the state of Virginia. If you want to add the ability to serve alcohol at your Virginia restaurant, we always welcome the call: 800-785-0161
Disclaimer: This article and its contents represent the opinions of the author only and is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice. ABC Consulting is a private consulting firm, in no way do we represent the VA ABC Authority. You should not act upon any such information without seeking qualified professional advice, based upon your situation.