It is almost New Year’s Eve – but New Year’s Eve 2020? Things are different. We’re living in Virginia and we’re in the middle of a pandemic. There are executive orders in place that protect our health and the gathering of crowds. If you own a restaurant or we’re planning on having a ‘party,’ let’s look at the guidelines:
- Reduction in social gatherings: All social gatherings must be limited to 10 individuals (down from the previous cap of 25 people). Social gatherings include, but are not limited to, parties, celebrations, or other social events, regardless of whether they occur indoors or outdoors. Restaurants and retail stores are already governed by strict social distancing requirements, and are not included in this limit.
- Continued limits on dining establishments: Virginia restaurants are currently governed by strict social distancing and sanitization requirements, which remain in place. The on-site sale, consumption, and possession of alcohol remains prohibited after 10 p.m. in any restaurant, dining establishment, food court, brewery, microbrewery, distillery, winery, or tasting room. All restaurants, dining establishments, food courts, breweries, microbreweries, distilleries, wineries, and tasting rooms must close by midnight.
- Your ticket sale can include an alcoholic beverage, but NO all-you-can-drink for one price!
- Don’t give away any alcohol – not even a toast!
- All alcohol sales must end by 10 p.m.
If you are planning on serving alcohol, on New Year’s Eve – no doubt about it – you MUST have a Virginia Alcohol License. Whether that is a Tasting License or a Retail License or a Banquet License, ABC Consulting can help you with the Application Processing – and we can keep up with all alcohol licensing for you, if you hire us as your consultant! Rest assured that all the documents needed for Virginia ABC approval will be reviewed by our experts before presenting the package. Our experts will find and correct any issues before submitting the application to Virginia ABC Authority. This results in a quicker license approval. You will not be surprised to know that documents needed for approval are not always indicated on applications. We know what is needed for approval. We are also the first to know of changes in the approval process. For 11 years, ABC Consulting has been offering a complete line of education and consulting services – how can we help? 800.785.0161
*Disclaimer: this article and its contents represent the opinions of the author, only. It is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice. ABC Consulting is a private consulting firm, and in no way do we represent the VA ABC Authority. You should not act upon any such information without seeking qualified professional advice based upon your situation.